Wednesday, March 10

Blog Voyeur

I love reading people's blogs.  Truly, I do. I love reading about recounts of someone's day, or an activity, or even something seemingly mundane.  It all interests me.  I love those intimate little snapshots into a person's thoughts.  Their feelings.  How they process things.

And I find it somewhat ironic that I enjoy them so much, since I am not a fan of reality shows.  I may watch once in awhile (The Biggest Loser, but even then, I think I've watched all 3 or 4 episodes), but really, they just don't interest me.  I don't care to see a bunch of vapid twits swear they are madly in love with someone they met 6 minutes ago, or drink cow's blood, or cook pig intestines or sing horribly (to be made a fool of) on TV.  I don't really get into that.

I wonder if a blog would be my equivalent to how 9.9 times out of 10, a book is profoundly better than a movie.  To me, the visual stimulation of READING words surpasses the visual stimulation of an inage on the screen.  Words just have an effect on me.

Really though, I love seeing photo albums of peoples lives, and I love reading blog entries.  Why?  Because everyone wants to be a voyeur to other people's thoughts and observations.  And what better medium than an online diary of sorts.  The internet is such a tremendous tool.

Don't you find it so much easier is it to open up your own thoughts and feelings when the audience is nameless and faceless--or the face is that of an avatar?  It takes so much of the rejection out of the equation.  Think about it.  It takes so much of the fear out of speaking your mind.

Either way, I enjoy reading me a good blog, and hope you enjoy the snippets of my own head.

--Happy Running

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scouter Pup

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...