Scout and I leave late tomorrow morning for a week at my parents house in Wisconsin. They live right on a bluff that overlooks Lake Michigan, so there will be LOTS of walks on the beach, relaxation, etc.
BUT.... today makes for a busy day.
- Packing (for me and for the dog -- you would be amazed at how much planning is involved in packing for the dog)
- Cleaning up the house -- I can't stand coming home to a messy house. It doesn't have to be spotless per se, but I HATE when it looks like the house was left in a hurry.
- Clean out the car -- This one is MOSTLY done... I just have to finish the trunk and get the dog "sheets" etc, set up in there.
- Load the car.
- Take out the trash -- tomorrow morning is trash day.
- Visit my Grandma
- Work out.
- Water the lawn
- Bank -- Need change for the toll booths.
I am rapidly running out of time.
Tomorrow morning I plan to go to an early AM yoga class before I leave as I have to leave by about 10am in order to hit Chicago at the exact right time so as to avoid traffic.
Final order of business: As it is an 8-9 hour drive, I need to figure out how in the world I will get to take bathroom breaks while traveling with the dog. She will be no problem. It's me (and my small bladder) that suddenly concern me....
How do you travel with pets? Do you have any suggestions for me?