Friday, January 28

pizza for my baby

My husband had a horrible day at work today (both bad and just plain long).  So I decided to cheer him up by making him pizza.  Specifically his favorite pizza.  Pepperoni, mushrooms, onion and bacon.

My one cheat was that I buy pre-made pizza dough from my local gourmet grocer.  It's only a couple of bucks, and well worth it.

As for the toppings, I used the following:


12 pepperoni
2 large strips of bacon
½ can of tomato paste
2 portabella mushrooms
1 small onion
2 cloves garlic
mozzarella cheese
italian seasoning
olive oil

To start, I preheated the oven to 400° F.  While that was heating up, I lightly oiled my pizza pan and spread the dough out.  I then started cooking the bacon on the stove, finely chopped up both mushrooms, the onion and garlic.
chopping the mushrooms, onion and garlic.  
As the bacon finished, I emptied the grease and wiped out the skillet to reuse it.  I poured some olive oil into the skillet and dumped in the onions, 'shrooms & garlic.  Very quickly, I smeared a thin layer of tomato paste and italian seasoning over the dough and started placing the mushroom/onion/garlic mixture atop the dough, followed by the pepperoni.

yum!  cooking down.


Covering the pizza in cheese, and topped it with the bacon.


Place in the oven for approximately 15 minutes.  Cook.  And enjoy!

it looked so phenomenal when I pulled it out of the oven that I forgot to take a picture before my hubs and I noshed on it. sorry. 


YUM :-)


--happy living

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scouter Pup

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...